Barn Wedding Venues are all the rage these days and WE LOVE IT! So to help in your search of the perfect venue, we’ve comprised a list of some of the best barn venues in our area as well as some rustic wedding venues. If you are considering having your wedding at a barn or a similar rustic venue please consider contacting some of the top venues in our area. Here is a little bit about each venue to help you in your search.
- Freedom Barn at Hope Center: The Freedom Barn at Hope Center Indy is a historic 5,000 square foot, 2 story brick barn tucked away inside the city limits of Indianapolis. Designed for weddings, corporate events, private events, ministry functions and more. The Freedom Barn provides an affordable, romantic blank slate space to build the wedding or event of your dreams while supporting a great cause!
- Mustard Seed Gardens: Mustard Seed Gardens is a unique setting, rich in heritage with roots dating back to the 1800s. Originally, President Andrew Jackson deeded the property to George Metsker, in exchange for his military service during the War of 1812. For decades, the property served as a farmstead & home to the Metsker family.
- The Barn at Zionsville: The Barn in Zionsville is located on a family owned barn wedding venue just off of 146th Street at 8556 E 300 S in the beautiful countryside of Zionsville, Indiana. The family kept over 20 horses in the barn over the course of the past 20 years and have transformed it into a stunningly elegant venue for weddings. The 1,800 square foot barn is complete with concrete floors, 5 hanging chandeliers, vintage bulbed lights, 9 authentic whiskey barrels, a pallet bar, wood slices for centerpieces, tables and 150 gold chiavari chairs for your reception, 150 white padded resin chairs for your ceremony, and gorgeous 14 foot chiffon drapes. The property has a great fire pit to add some fun to the end of your reception too!
- Barn at Bay Horse Inn: Celebrating in a barn setting is nothing new to Amanda Cottingham as she grew up in a barn, (well 8 to be exact) Her childhood home was a combination of 8 barns merged into one very unique family home. As you entered the home was an etched glass window “Bay Horse Inn”. The Cottingham family loves to celebrate with family and friends and it was in this home Amanda learned the value of family & friendships and being a part of something bigger than herself. Fast forward years later Amanda and her family now own 35 acres in Greenwood, Indiana. Living their dream of having their own land with their horses Shiloh, Prancer and Kelly. They’ve shared their land by hosting weddings and events for friends and family and thought about how they’d like to make their property available to more.
- Zyntango Farm: We started Zyntango Farm to learn about farming organically and as a tool to help teach our children about self sufficiency, work ethic and the value of a dollar. It is becoming more than we had expected. The Barn at Zyntango Farm was built in the late 1800’s. When we purchased the farm in 2013 the barn was about ready to fall over. We couldn’t tear it down and had to save it. We are so pleased with how it has transformed into a gorgeous mix of old and new. The barn is also home for our produce stand in the summer and fall.
- Avon Wedding Barn: To many people all over the world, the wedding day is the most anticipated, romanticized and memorable day of their lives. To pledge your life to another and commit to a loving life together truly calls for a great moment, a unique experience. The Avon Wedding and Event Barn offers exactly that!Located on a beautiful, 6-acre private property (only 6 miles west of Indianapolis, Indiana) the authentic 100-year-old Amish built Avon Wedding Barn offers a truly beautiful and one of a kind wedding experience, combined with prime scenery for photography. With a babbling creek and an ancient catalpa tree, it’s truly stunning! Rich in history with roots dating back to the 1910’s, the Avon Wedding Barn offers a one-of-a-kind wedding and event facility complete with country charm and modern conveniences.Offering you different outside wedding ceremony options, the Avon Wedding Barn provides great property for an outdoor wedding or inside the beautiful handcrafted Amish Barn.
- JLH Wedding Barn: In 2007, John & Lindsay Harrison were married on this property owned by Lindsay’s parents. After realizing the blessing that this land was, they first opened it up to friends and family for weddings. In 2016, they decided to completely renovate the barn and open it to the public. Their mission is to share God’s beauty and their blessings with other couples and families by making their special day as memorable as possible.
- Morgan Acres: The farmstead was originally constructed in 1840 by the Ploenges family, one of many German families who emigrated from Prussia to the United States in the early 1800’s. (Pre-Civil War, pre-Abraham Lincoln Presidency construction.) It was originally part of a 1000-acre farmstead reaching from Cumberland Road into Hancock County. The house & main barn were built from the trees grown on the property. The original hand-hewn timbers still comprise the beams, columns, flooring and siding. The Grand Barn has been restored to maintain its original integrity and design. The property remains a historically significant piece of Indiana history and is eligible for the Indiana Historic Registry.
- The Barn at Crystal Spring Farm: The Barn at Crystal Spring Farm is located on our family farm just off of I-65 South in Franklin, Indiana. With seating for up to 200 guests, our newly constructed post and beam barn is a perfect mix of old and new. Our farm provides a casual setting to host your wedding and special events.
- Hidden Brook Acres: The ten acres that would soon become Hidden Brook Acres was purchased in March of 2015. One month later, Hidden Brook Acres was founded and the work to transform the old horse barn began. The barn and surrounding rolling pasture had been used to raise quarter horses for several years. Stalls and feeding mangers were removed to open up the space and a new floor was installed, all while incorporating original features to preserve the history of the barn. After lots of scrubbing and cleaning, it was time to install the twinkling white lights and hang the billowing white curtains in the doorways. Five short months later, Hidden Brook Acres was open for business. Since the renovation, we’ve hosted weddings, corporate events, family gatherings, birthday parties and more
These are just a FEW of some of the wonderful venues in our area. If you know of another that perhaps wasn’t mentioned, or you own/run a Barn Wedding Venue and you’d love to be mentioned, please feel free to leave a comment below and we’d be happy to post more information about it.
And as mentioned, we not only have some beautiful barn weddings in Central Indiana, but some gorgeous Rustic Wedding Venues. So here is a list of just a few of them.
- The Greenhouse Wedding & Event Venue: We built the GreenHouse to offer an upscale event space for residents of Northern Indiana. We also believe that being connected to Zao Island offers hosts a unique ability to keep guests entertained with our various different attractions. At the GreenHouse your privacy is our top priority. All guests will enjoy exclusivity within the GreenHouse confines and have the ability to venture off into Zao Island for amazing attractions.
- Laurel Hall: A part of Indiana’s historical landscape since 1916, Laurel Hall was built as the home to one of Indiana’s wealthiest families. Over time it has played host to an all-girls school, a high-end housing development and a non-partisan government think tank.Since being purchased by The Endowment Fund of Phi Kappa Psi in 2006 the manor has served as the headquarters for the Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity and the offices of the Foundation. With the combined history, beauty and character paired with modern conveniences the Foundation took the opportunity to open the building to rental to create a timeless backdrop for any special event. Sitting atop a hill on six acres, Laurel Hall is Indiana’s best kept secret. The facility offers both indoor and outdoor areas for maximum flexibility when planning any company retreat, small meeting, holiday party, wedding or family reunion
- Bash: A rustic/chic space with unlimited potential, BASH is Carmel’s newest and most EPIC venue for your wedding or event. You will even get your very own Client Concierge & Coordinator. Let Hayley know we sent you!
- INDUSTRY: INDUSTRY is an industrial-chic venue located in downtown Indianapolis. Founded in 2017, INDUSTRY can seat up to 300 guests, and features included farm tables and metal chairs, an open vendor policy, 24-hour rentals, and no curfew. Additionally, proximity to nearby parking, restaurants, shopping, hotels and entertainment make INDUSTRY the ideal location for any type of event. INDUSTRY is under the 828 Venue Management Co. umbrella, the nation’s fastest growing network of inspiring event venues.
- Biltwell Center: Whether you’re getting married, planning a company gathering or recognizing a milestone, you know the importance in celebrating the pieces, both big and small, that make up our lives. Our building was first built in 1922, that is 5 years before we even had television! Your guests will love the rustic atmosphere, while being surrounded by your transformative decor. So what are you waiting for? We know that you are ready to start putting your plans into motion, and we will be here guiding you every step of the way.
It’s obvious how much we love photographing at these Barn Wedding Venues, so please contact us to see if we might be the right photographer for your big day.
Again, we certainly hope you found our article helpful. If you know of a place that should be added to our list, please let us know by commenting below or emailing us directly. Also, if you have a venue owner or coordinator and would like to be featured on our blog we would love to speak to you!